Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Is this car tire repair too close to the sidewall or not?

On 5/19/18 3:25 AM, Frank Weg wrote:
Just repaired this tire and was wondering since it seems borderline.
http://i.cubeupload.com/ephXTU.jpg

What do you think about the sidewall proximity?
http://i.cubeupload.com/dVRzSE.jpg

I plugged it with a string tie from the outside.
http://i.cubeupload.com/QTSFM6.jpg

After cutting both sides flush, I patched it from the inside.
http://i.cubeupload.com/Pf9S1J.jpg

I accidentally got the rubber cement on the patch, but it seems to hold.
http://i.cubeupload.com/f260b6.jpg

The main question is whether the hole is too close to the sidewall.

You're fine with that repair, but the tread looks worn down beyond safe
depth- unless of course you never drive a a wet road. Time for new tires!

--
I love a good meal. That's why I don't cook.