Posted to uk.d-i-y
Endulini Endulini is offline

Default Security Alarms Advice - wired or wireless?

Hi Folks,

Looking for some advice around selecting a security alarm specifically
around whether to go wireless or wired... Most companies that have quoted
for me have advised wireless although the major independent one in the area
came out very heavily for a wired system (interestingly they quoted for both
and the prices were similar). I'm comfortable with either but am attracted
to the wireless for the convenience of installation and supposed ease of
adding to it. My main concern is the reliability in that my understanding
was that wireless systems are more susceptible to interference and
false-alarms - is this still the case?

We intend to redecorate so the disruption to the decor caused by a wired
fitting isn't a major issue.

Any thoughts, comments or advice...?

Thanks.