Posted to alt.home.repair
Arnie Goetchius[_2_] Arnie Goetchius[_2_] is offline

Default Preparing 25 year old Cedar Shake Shingles for Painting?

trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 7:30:03 AM UTC-4, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
The cedar shake shingles are now various shades of black and better half suggests we paint. Should
we power wash before painting? I am thinking that if I have shingles power washed, the original
color will be restored and maybe I won't have to have shingles repainted :-)

You would have to clean them one way or another before painting, so a
power washer used correctly would seem to me to be the way to go, but
I'm sure there is plenty of info available online. Including, whether
it's advisable to paint shingles that are that old that have never been
painted and what else might be involved.

You are very right. Lots of good stuff on Google. Thanks for the reminder.