Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default used lumber

On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 9:47:21 AM UTC-5, Rick the antique guy wrote:

I love Your Project Pictures Sonny .
You really make use of the Wood's unique Charecter in your Artful pieces.
I bet You make lot's of sawdust and chips, Great for mulching too !

Keep a Goin' Sonny
rick B.

Hey!! You been sneaking 'round, peeping through my shop windows?
Last night's doings - https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

"Art" should be taken lightly, as to my doings. Often, I have an idea, then execute a hit-or-miss approach. Just so happens, I have a bit of improvised woodworking skills, which results in something that looks reasonable.

From the pic above, page right for 2 more pics, . The blocks, with holes, are improvised 1.5" PVC pipe connections. All corners/edges will be rounded off

The project is to make a new frame for a damaged canopy, similar to this kind of canopy- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Quik-Shad...erage/40491864
These canopies' frames don't hold up in moderate+ winds. I kept an undamaged canopy cover and now trying to make a new legs/frame. We'll see how it works out by this evening or tomorrow.

Despite Mom's "handicap" and older age, she still likes being outside, specifically sitting in her garage, viewing the outdoors, flowers, birds, etc. The afternoon sun beams down in/near her sitting area. We've had canopies in front of the garage doorway, blocking the sun. We've been buying/replacing broken-frame canopies with new ones. I'll see whether an improvised PVC frame will hold up better, than the original frame.

Sonny