Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumps[_6_] Grumps[_6_] is offline

Default Anti Pollution Fault - Car Error Message

On 18/05/2018 12:31, Grumps wrote:
On 18/05/2018 12:24, The Other Mike wrote:
On Fri, 18 May 2018 11:10:02 +0100, Grumps wrote:

They also said that the turbo hose was so clogged it would have a
serious impact.

A hose that usually passes the entire airflow requirements of the
engine is
'clogged' ?

Apparently so. But I will take a look a bit later.

Hmm. The hose in question is a very short flexible rubber air intake
hose. It doesn't look like what a new one does.
I was told by the mechanic that it sounded like the engine was
"struggling to breathe".
I now have to consider whether:
a) he was talking truthfully in his opinion, or
b) maybe changing that hose and a full service would make things better.

My other local garage is worse