Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumps[_6_] Grumps[_6_] is offline

Default Anti Pollution Fault - Car Error Message

On 18/05/2018 09:32, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well maybe you need to go back and get the thing tested as although
coincidences occur, there are often cause and effect issues involved. Of
course it could be that a plug or sensor is doing daft things. I do not know
what they remove in such tests these days.
Brian

Apparently they didn't remove anything for the test. As dennis said, all
they do is shove a pipe up its bottom to measure emissions, and rev it a
lot.

My local garage has read the codes and there are no sensor faults
logged. They did find the original fault "anti pollution fault" and
another to do with the glow plug relay.
They also said that the turbo hose was so clogged it would have a
serious impact.
Also, the oil and fuel filters need changing as the car has not had a
service for about 35,000 miles (just oil top ups).

Thanks David. I think I will get a code reader - for next time. Do these
devices allow real-time viewing of engine parameters?