Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Anti Pollution Fault - Car Error Message

Well maybe you need to go back and get the thing tested as although
coincidences occur, there are often cause and effect issues involved. Of
course it could be that a plug or sensor is doing daft things. I do not know
what they remove in such tests these days.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Grumps" wrote in message
news
Hi
I have a Peugeot 207 2009 1.6 Diesel that's done about 128,000 miles.
It just passed its MoT today with normal results for emissions.
After about 20 miles (30-70 mph) it lost power and the message "anti
pollution fault" flashed on the display. I was forced to stop, waited a
bit, then restarted.
The ECU warning light is on but performance seems normal. I drove another
10 miles without issue (except the warning light is still on).

I've Googled the problem and the fault can be caused by a variety of
issues, but I'd like to know if the MoT was just a coincidence or is there
something done in this test that could've caused damage? Ramming a sensor
up the exhaust for example.

Thanks for any comments.