Posted to uk.d-i-y
pinnerite pinnerite is offline

Default Vaillant 418 unnecesary purge cycle

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Without actually getting as far as firing, my recently installed
Vaillant 418 seems to occasionally do a quick purge cycle - the fan
runs for a few seconds, then stops. The display shows there is no call
for heat. I have noticed it on two mornings. Now why would it do that?

Time clock is set to allow heating only to come on, but the stat is set
to 15C, much lower than the house actually is. HW is set to come on at
16:30 in the afternoon.

Probably runs on windows.
This is a Linux newsgroup!