Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Table Saw Router Insert Makes Life So Easy

On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 5:25:35 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
I shared the pics of the router table extension I made for my table saw
several years back.
https://goo.gl/photos/zoyUGmwcZS8jGP5KA

But I never realized how convenient this is until having to do some
router work without it, a few weeks ago.

I made a quick video of some rabbet cutting I did for the shelves I'm
making.
Using the table saw and its rip guide really makes the job quick and easy.
I don't need a separate router table anymore so it really frees up space
in the shop.
If you have a tight shop and need a router table, consider this set-up
if you have a decent sized table saw. x

https://youtu.be/yNdcdaDxwT0

+1

I added a router table to my table saw a few months ago. That was a
substantial upgrade to my small shop. I used to set up a portable
router table on my workbench. What a pain to set up, take down, store,
etc.

I added the router table extension and then went on Craigslist, eBay, etc.
looking for a extra base for my PC 690 router. That's when I found a
complete 690 router at a local pawn shop. Practically brand new. $80
for the router and an almost brand new DeWalt ROS. That router is now
dedicated to the router table.

I've used that router table more times in the last few months than I
used the portable table in the last few years. When it's always available,
you find uses for it.