Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Wed, 16 May 2018 19:32:43 +0100, Tekkie® wrote:

posted for all of us...

On Mon, 14 May 2018 15:31:41 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

posted for all of us...

On Sun, 13 May 2018 20:43:01 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 20:35:53 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 14:46:09 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 00:43:20 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2018 11:52 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 11:16:16 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 05/12/2018 03:48 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
And I though Florida was dry?

The highest point in Florida is 345' above sea level and it's up on the
Alabama border. Left to its own devices, Florida is a swamp..

Heck, I knew Alabama was holding Florida's head above water. ^_^

I went looking for that mountain peak before GPS's were around, never
could find it. There are a lot of little hills in that part of Alabama
and Florida. It's someplace around Florala. I do believe I've walked up
Cheaha. At least the Talledegas are real mountains.
Britton Hill in Walton County is the "high point" - up in the
panhandle. Down in the peninsula its around Lake Wales -"Sugarloaf
Mountain" at about 312 feet. About the diffference in elevation
between the Freeport Bridge at the west end of Kitchener Cedar Hill, a
few miles to the North East.

Our local little ski hill, Chicopee, has a greater vertical drop than
the total hight above sea level of Britton Hill!!!

The highest point in Lee County is the landfill. It used to be Mound
Key, the Calusa Indian landfill 500 years ago.

The local landfill to me (still in operation) has new houses being built next to it. Who the **** lives there? There must be a lot of people with no sense of smell.

Most people are smart enough not to buy a house next to a landfill but
I would not be surprised if they do develop it. A clue is when you see
sea gulls in your yard and you are 15 miles from the beach.

I had a friend (really) whom his father & I dug a hole for tree. About 6"
down we were hitting cans, glass, trash, etc. No smell. No bodies either;(

I know a guy who makes beer money digging up old bottles. You don't
want a contemporary land fill but if you find one that is ~100 years
old, there will be bottles in there that collectors will pay big bucks
for in antique shops.

I am sure the father didn't know he was buying on a landfill. Didn't really
think about it until I was much older. I agree on the old bottles. One can
see them in the 'antiques' shops. This Old House season has some guy digging
them out of the privy's down in Charleston.

As long as rotting stuff doesn't make a build up of methane and an explosion.....

--
Did you hear about the new instant lottery game in India?
You scratch the ticket and if the dot matches the one on your forehead, you win a convenience store in the US.