Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default used lumber

On 5/15/2018 6:14 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

At $12 each for 8bf, that's less than $2.00/BF, which doesn't seem
a bad deal at all.

For comparative value I just day-before-yesterday bought 12
full-dimension 3x12x12 oak oil-field timbers from local lumber yard for
$488 (before tax) which works out at $1.13/bft +/-.

Were mix of red/white; I used 10 for the new stock tanks platform base,
two were so nice I ended up saving them for other purposes as had run
low on stuff over 5/4 and have ideas of needing some larger dimension
material for cabinet bases here relatively soon...