Posted to rec.woodworking
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default used lumber

On Wed, 16 May 2018 10:12:59 -0400
"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

Having seen some of those fences up close while bicycle touring
through the Rockies I suspect that they were made with a utility
grade of wood. They've also been subjected to a lot of weather...
If you aren't interested in the "look" then these boards probably are
not worth messing with....

weather and bolt holes

mostly the price caught my eye and i like to see things get new uses
and the business is interesting and not easy

back to the wood
it would be challenging to put that to use at that price and in that
condition

as is what might someone use it for

would expect massive warping as is and that is hard to work with

the only thing i could think of is another fence of some kind

maybe it could be steamed into submission and used

with a steam box big enough to hold a bundle maybe it could be
worked again

when i encounter very warped wood i usually cut it small enough to
get some straight pieces but usually it end in the fireplace