Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default used lumber

On 5/15/2018 6:14 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Given it's sourced from the west, it's likely that the boards
are douglas fir. Perhaps even some old-growth. Very pretty,
durable wood when surfaced. May even be a few quarter sawn.

_Maybe_, I'd guess for the purpose the chances are higher it's Ponderosa
or other pines; what fir might be in it, like the rest will be #3 and
less to begin with more than likely.

Plus, they likely won't tell you what it is nor promise you get what
this pictures if they would/can tell you...what you'll get is what they
choose to ship...a fair fraction which will be pretty-much gone and
there's no recourse if it all looks like top board he

https://www.repurposedmaterialsinc.com/snow-fence/den-snow-fence-wood-2-x-6-x-8-10pc/

At $12 each for 8bf, that's less than $2.00/BF, which doesn't seem
a bad deal at all.

Unless you have a specific use for the patina/look, I'd venture it's not
worth 10% of the asking price as "lumber"