kjpro

Default Digital Thermostat Click

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
That's what a two friends bought and both researched it (one
of them probably on price). But what do I know I just went
along with them. My AC is Carrier, so what kind of gas
furnace has high reliability and other desirable points? In
case my next house needs a furnace.

First, the most important thing is to have a Manuel J & D performed.
(that way you know you have the correct sized equipment)

Second, the next thing is to get someone that is concerned about installing
it to the best of their abilities.
(best equipment installed wrong = a POS)

Third, Call the local warehouses and find out who they would use in their
own home.

Forth, Ask friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, who they use, and see if
their happy.

Fifth, Good equipment is made by the following:

a.) ICP
(Arcoaire, Comfortmaker, Heil, Tempstar, AirQuest, KeepRite....)

b.) Carrier
(Carrier, Bryant, Payne)

c.) Rheem
(Rheem, Rudd)

d.) American Standard
(American Standard, Trane)

They all have their good points and bad, but for the most part these are the
cream of the crop.
(remember, installation is more important)

The other key to a reliable system is having the proper ductwork....
.....poor ductwork can shorten the life span of the equipment.

If you go for anything new to the industry..........
(like Variable Speed Blowers, R-410)
..........get the longest warranty you can buy.

For the variable speed blower motors are very costly to replace.
And R-410 is not yet proven reliable in my eyes.

P.S. The very first thing is to *not* go with the LOWEST bidder syndrome.
(If something sounds to good to be true........it is just that)

Doing a job correctly.......is one that takes time & material, both which
cost money.
(so, use your judgment when looking over bids)

Good Luck,

BTW, stay away from the (GMC, Janitrol, Goodman), and the (Frigidaire,
Tappen, etc....)
Janitrol will sell to anyone, which promotes the hacks of HVAC.

--
kjpro

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!