Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] leenowell@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Removing dark water stains from wood

Hi All

We have some outside cupboards with doors made from cedar. In preparation to re-oiling them my wife found that oxi-bleech (I think that's what it's called) was a good way to clean them and vanish is a good source of it. Anyway she cleaned them with it and they came up pretty well.

Several of the doors have drip marks left which are presumably where the rain has been dropping off the top onto the doors directly. These are dark lines running perpendicular to the grain. After some searching she discovered that it could be that the rainbow bringing the natural resins out of the wood.

Anyone know whether this is indeed the case and what the best way of removing them is. I am loathed to sand them all again unless I have to.

Thanks