Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default 3kw comet kiln-plug socket renewed 3 times...

On 15/05/2018 08:29, newshound wrote:
On 15/05/2018 07:57, Tricky Dicky wrote:
There appears to be two versions of the Comet Kiln, the ECO which
draws 3kW which should be fine using a 13A plug in a standard
socket. The other is a 5.5kW model for which a plug and socket is
totally inadequate. There should be a ratings plate somewhere on
the kiln check the wattage, although I would have thought your
professional electrician would have checked that first.

Richard

Good point.

The other thing I would suggest even for the 3 kW model is to get
your sparks to fit a "cooker" type breaker switch and then an
industrial type plug and socket like this:

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/produ...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I would suggest that if you are fitting a socket like that a 32A one
might be better as they cost about the same.