Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Daft cats and catflaps

On Tuesday, 15 May 2018 14:42:21 UTC+1, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 15 May 2018 14:26:14 +0100, tabbypurr wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 May 2018 12:33:02 UTC+1, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 15 May 2018 11:42:09 +0100, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 14 May 2018 20:30:19 UTC+1, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Another thing - have you noticed catfood is actually 96% chicken and only 4% of the meat it's apparently the flavour of? The cats seem to fall for it though.

they don't fall for it at all, their senses of sniff & taste are hugely better than ours. I assume the other 'meat products' are MRM, organ meats, eyeballs, knobs etc.

If they have such a good sense of smell, why don't they know it's wrong? If I give them the same "flavour" a few times in a row, they go off it. So they're enjoying a variety of fake flavours, thinking they're actually different things.

You're not engaging brain are you. They know perfectly well that it's whatever it is, they don't read the labels that say chicken etc.

It's humans that are fool enough to think that everything is what it says on the packet. Cats have the sense, in both senses, to sniff everything to see if it's what it appears to be.

Wrong. All cat food is essentially the same with a pretend flavour mixed in.

then you've not tasted or sniffed many cat foods

The cats are fooled by this and think they're eating something else.

there's no reason whatever to think that

If I don't mix the pretend flavours, they go off it.

yes they get bored.

NT