Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default Daft cats and catflaps

On Tue, 15 May 2018 14:22:45 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, 15 May 2018 12:29:35 UTC+1, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 15 May 2018 04:22:32 +0100, pyotr filipivich wrote:
"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" on Mon, 14 May 2018
18:34:13 +0100 typed in alt.pets.cats the following:

Jesus Christ, all I did was move the catflap from the back to the front of the house, now they can't understand it any more.

Well of course. That was the entrance at the back of the house.
Which (apparently) is now gone. You went and moved things around,
messing up their routine. What's a cat suppose to do?
¿And this thing in the front of the house - how does it work? I
mean, it isn't the one which is at the back of the house, so - what is
it?

It's the same one that was at the back, I just moved it.

Yeah, cats are aspergers.

Sometimes I wonder how their species survives. Imagine every human had aspergers, we'd all die out without the clever folk to look after them.

simple, they're cleverer than us. Where we win is on communication, not, as the human ego likes to think, intelligence.

Not being able to navigate through a hole in a wall does not show intelligence.
Not realising that shed doors are usually shut, but going in anyway, hiding from view, then getting trapped for a few days does not show intelligence.

--
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners.