Posted to alt.pets.cats,uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default Daft cats and catflaps

On Tue, 15 May 2018 06:35:00 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 15/05/18 04:22, pyotr filipivich wrote:
"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" on Mon, 14 May 2018
18:34:13 +0100 typed in alt.pets.cats the following:
Jesus Christ, all I did was move the catflap from the back to the front of the house, now they can't understand it any more.

Well of course. That was the entrance at the back of the house.
Which (apparently) is now gone. You went and moved things around,
messing up their routine. What's a cat suppose to do?
¿And this thing in the front of the house - how does it work? I
mean, it isn't the one which is at the back of the house, so - what is
it?

Yeah, cats are aspergers.

Cts have a completely different set of notions to describe their world..

The fact that to you one OBJECT resembles another OBJECT is not
something a cat would notice. It knows that the PATH that used to work
no longer does.

It's the same flap that looks and smells the same, and they saw me putting it there.

Oh well, I keep pushing them through it and they're gradually learning. They're not too bright.

And they don't need a particular path, the new flap is next to the front door which they've walked through their entire lives when I've opened it.