Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Seatbelt issue

In article ,
writes:
Hi all

I have a bit of an odd one. The seat belts in my car have a plastic popper =
in them to top the buckle falling to the end when not in use One rear sea=
t belts has somehow got over the popper and is sitting the wrong side. I ha=
ve tried (with some force) to get it back but the popper istoo wide to go t=
hrough slot in the buckle and too thick to go through the main bit the seat=
belt goes through.=20

Anyone know a trick for getting it back? Tried seperately the popper but th=
at seems stuck fast too

Funny - same thing happened to the centre rear belt in my car,
caused by dragging a Christmas tree which didn't really fit in
the car through it. I fixed it at the weekend ready for the MoT
later this week. The plastic sleeve had pulled out of the seat
and has a deliberate split in it presumably to thread it on the
belt in the first place, but it needed a lot of force to bend it
enough to get the popper back through.

--
Andrew Gabriel