Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Seatbelt issue

On 15/05/2018 08:47, wrote:
Hi all

I have a bit of an odd one. The seat belts in my car have a plastic popper in them to top the buckle falling to the end when not in use One rear seat belts has somehow got over the popper and is sitting the wrong side. I have tried (with some force) to get it back but the popper istoo wide to go through slot in the buckle and too thick to go through the main bit the seatbelt goes through.

Anyone know a trick for getting it back? Tried seperately the popper but that seems stuck fast too

Thanks

Lee

You can buy replacement poppers (eBay, I guess) if you have to destroy
the old one. Sounds like the easiest solution to me.

You will have tried the obvious? Warming it up, silicone lubricant?

Could you temporarily widen the slot by springing it out of plane (if
you see what I mean). I suspect though that you would be more likely to
deform it permanently. You would not want to do this with a screwdriver
because of the risk of damaging the belt, but perhaps you could grip
each side with a big mole wrench? Especially for an all-metal buckle, it
would be hopeless for the type where the slot has a plastic grommet to
protect the belt.

---