Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default 3kw comet kiln-plug socket renewed 3 times...

On Tue, 15 May 2018 03:14:02 GMT, Lea Goldberg
m wrote:

.so,for the first 2 years,my comet kiln worked perfectly...then the socket
burnt out,replaced it(always ised a professional electrician)thos time,socket
switches got hardrr and harder to switch on,then the socket stopped working
again,replaced the whole unit...now its happened again...the socket is about
20 ft via armoured cable to the house,the kiln room isnt damp...the kilns
fine,but the plug gets a bit hot(when it worked)the electrician seems to be
baffled...'must be your kiln'...but i know nothing about electrics so cant
argue the toss!can ANYONE help...its driving me mad....

Well if it baffled your professional electrician, there's your
problem.

What subnormal idiot thought that a damp kiln room could have any
bearing on socket condition/ temperature 20 feet away?

AB