Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Mon, 14 May 2018 20:42:33 +0100, Tekkie® wrote:

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

On 5/13/2018 9:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Well in my standard bedroom on the 1st (USA) or ground (UK) floor, I can
still only get out of the door. The window only opens at the top. And
anyone with a 2 storey house who sleeps upstairs has the same problem.
Unless someone provided a ladder for you to climb down, you're ****ed.

Fire truck will have a ladder. If the fire is forcing me out though,
I'd jump and risk a broken leg rather than burn to death.

A tip is to hang from the window sill. It gets you closer to the ground.

A smoke detector is better. Protect lives and property; in that order.

If there's a fire, it wakes me up as it's harder to breathe. To me a smoke alarm is to warn me to stop it burning down a part of the house I'm not in, or killing a pet, which is why mine are linked and all sound at once.

--
A woman was standing at the edge of a cliff trying to get the nerve to jump off.
A homeless drunk stopped and mumbled, "If you're about to kill yourself, how about a shag before you go?"