Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Kidde and First Alert ?

On Mon, 14 May 2018 07:37:13 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 wrote:

I'd add to your analysis that there is no evidence that smoke detectors
cause cancer. But there is overwhelming evidence that without a smoke
detector, many people die needlessly in home fires. It's rather bizarre
when someone let's an imaginary threat outweigh their concern for the
real threat.

Reminds me of when I picked up my Uncle to go lake fishing with my '64 Bug.
It was my first car with seatbelts. My buddy had recently been killed when his car
tossed him out and rolled on him, so I started using the belt.
When I fastened my belt, he looked at me like I was a crazy man.
He actually yelled at me "What the hell are you doing with that thing!?"
I told him about my buddy, and how his legs were cut off and he bled out.
He then threw his clincher. "What if you go in the river?!"
I didn't even bother arguing with him, just picked up the beer and went fishing.
I didn't even suggest he fasten his belt, and he never did.