Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electricity check meter....

Jim K explained :
Harry Bloomfield Wrote in message:
Jim K used his keyboard to write :
Well yes there is that, I was thinking of a decent clip-on device
to check my consumption & electricity bills...

You can pick up the clip on electric consumption recorders now, fairly
cheap in the charity shops. The clip on to the meter tail part, with a
wireless link to an indoor display. The predecessor to the smart meter
displays. How accurate they might be, I don't know, but they will
probably suffer the same issues as a basic clip on meter - that of only
measuring the current, with no voltage input.

What the OP has not yet explained is - why they might want to check
their meter.

Its in the bit you replied to ?

Not that I saw! He says something about checking his bills, but is he
suggesting the meter might not be accurate, charging him wrongly?