Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Diagonal bracing for garden gate

Well all things being equal, I would say one big brace which is lower on
the hinged edge. Those with two braces and a central bar, are a little
harder to call of course. My old woodworking master at school always baked
the doors so that the hanging weight was compressing the cross stay, not
pulling it off.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
news
I've been making a featheredge garden gate this weekend, and have just got
to fit the diagonal bracing. Most gates I've seen in the Sheds and garden
centres have the diagonals parallel - bottom left to centre right, and
centre left to top right. One or two have them meeting in the middle -
bottom left to centre right, and centre right to top left.

Any reason one should be better than the other?

--

Jeff