Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Glass Blowing

On Sunday, 13 May 2018 21:11:10 UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Cursitor Doom writes:
I'm looking for a new, challenging, yet achievable pastime to hopefully
keep the dementia and whatnot at bay as I continue to cruise through the
grey years. This seems at first sight to be something that could prove
very beneficial. Has anyone given it a bash? If so, what degree of
difficulty does it score?

I did some at school, trying to make a cold cathode tube, but wasn't
successful. At university, there was a technician who made all the
custom glassware for the physics department. He did a fantastic
demo of what sort of things he could make for the new undergrads.
Afterwards, I did get to make a cold cathode tube, and it worked
(and it had proper cathodes, and metal/glass seals which I hadn't
known about at school).

Probably not quite the glass blowing you were thinking of, but hey,
why not have your name in neon lights?

I did lab glassware when I was 12, and it's easy. I expect CD has something else in mind though. There are plenty of glasswork vids out there.

NT