Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Dangerous water feature.

Robin wrote:

On 13/05/2018 11:19, Roger Hayter wrote:
ARW wrote:

On 13/05/2018 02:20, Graham. wrote:

I bought this indoor fountain from a large and otherwise reputable
garden centre.

The first thing I noticed that it was broken, a leaf had broken off
the stem, so I will need to return it, then I noticed the electrical
parts and decided no way do I want a replacement.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/0y244f

Other things worthy of note, the earth pin is shrouded, OK there is no
connection to it but it's a sure sign that any compliance markings are
fake.

http://www.bs1363.org.uk/

I have never understood why wholly plastic earth pins are not allowed.
They are common on wall wart type power supplies and I really don't see
that they have any disadvantage over an unconnected metal pin.

Adam's link includes: "However, earth pins must be solid brass, or, in
the case of plugs intended solely for use with non-earthed devices,
solid plastic. "

Ok that's good. I obviously did not read it properly.

--

Roger Hayter