Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Fridge tripping RCD

Brian-Gaff wrote

Well I wonder, does it have any capacitors for suppression of switches or
other things? If it was something major I'd expect it to just ping it
every time it was running.

Not when its the defrost heater.

Other than that fridges have way too much electronic clutter these days,

I love my frost free fridge and freezer. Leaves manually defrosting for
dead.

and this part obviously needs a power supply somewhere.
Could of course be something as simple as some melt water getting where it
should not.

Normally it’s the defrost heater having failed.

Dead spider? Don't laugh, it does happen apparently!

Shouldn’t trip the RCD, because there usually isnt
any earthed bit for the spider to commit suicide to.

wrote in message
Hi All

Just got home and the circuit the fridge is on has tripped the RCD. On
further analysis it looks like it is the fridge (Fischer and Paykel
double fridge freezer) itself. Any ideas how to figure out what is wrong
with it?