Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default Confused about switching for a electric shower extractor fan.

On Sun, 13 May 2018 20:11:31 +0100, ARW wrote:

On 13/05/2018 19:02, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 18:52:13 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 13/05/2018 17:26, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 16:48:38 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 13/05/2018 15:49, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 11:42:29 +0100, me
wrote:

It seems to me that ideally the shower extractor fan should come on
automatically when the shower is switched on using the power control
on the shower unit itself. But I don't see being able to do that
because it would involve getting into the shower unit and connecting
to the switched side of the shower unit switch. Now I could probably
do this but it seems it's not what is normal practice.

So what's the normal way of doing things? If I connect to operate
from
the light switch then what about in the daytime when you use the
shower and want the extractor running but don't need the light on? Is
it just expected that any time you use a shower you must have the
light on no matter the time of day?

And as the regs require this ventilation when the shower is in use
surely there's no point operating the extractor from a light switch
because then it doesn't have to be used.

All seems odd to me and as I said...I'm confused.

I thought the regs only needed fans in bathrooms with no window? In
which case you'd always have the light on unless you were having kinky
sex in the shower with an ugly mistress.

Why would anyone have an ugly mistress?

Come on you have not thought this one through have you?

Maybe she has other qualities?

You have never been married and had a mistress have you?

I have.

You managed to find TWO worthwhile women!? In the UK?!

Have you found one woman?

One woman or one worthwhile woman?

--
My wife sat down on the couch next to me as I was changing channels. She asked, what's on TV?
I said, Dust.