Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default terminal blocks

In article ,
"dennis@home" writes:
In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
Screw terminals always work loose which is why they aren't used on
important things. What was the last time you saw chock blocks on
aeroplane wiring?

If your house vibrates like an aircraft it needs seeing to.

Temperature changes will loosen them over time.
As will road traffic vibrations.

I have even seen corrosion on them due to condensation and wallpaper
paste. Or that's what I thought it was. Once they start to corrode thats
the end as far as screw terminals go, they aren't gas tight like a
proper crimp joint should be.

They are gas tight if assembled correctly - the contact pressure
of a through-hole terminal is many times than of a crimp, which
is why the copper deformation is many times higher. The contact
pressure of a wrap-around screw terminal is same order as a
crimp.

--
Andrew Gabriel