Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Villery & Bosche toilet repair rather than replace

On 13/05/2018 11:40, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:40:52 on Sun, 13
May 2018, remarked:
Yes, I know this picture is from a site offering a new toilet seat, but
what I need is the cistern/tank and tank lid (the originals have
cracked, so V&B isn't all it's cracked up to be....)

https://www.bathroomstudio.com/image.../villeroy_boch
_omnia_classic_replacement_toilet_seat_1.500.jpg
Â*Is there any place to buy those bits of possibly expensive ceramic on
their own, or a plausible compatible?
Â*I could of course just buy a whole new bowl and cistern from B&Q, but
then it would be the odd-one-out in the house.

You might find that you can get the V&B parts you want (at a sensible
price) from www.megabad.com ... their prices and service are
excellent, plus they will correspond in English.

It looks like they are selling mainly new complete units (and not many
of them WCs), not spares for 20yr old ones. But thanks for the link.

Too many years ago for me to remember where, but my insurance company
put me in touch with a company in Birmingham to source replacement parts
for an old, discontinued bathroom suite.

The insurance company were also going to pay for fitting, but I said I'd
do that myself. They then actually offered to pay me for doing it, but
only at minimum wage. I said not to bother. I later found that they
didn't charge many the excess. My premium didn't seem to change either.

SteveW