Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default Modern boilers are noisy

On Sun, 13 May 2018 13:48:26 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

In article ,
Peter Parry wrote:
On Sat, 12 May 2018 22:50:52 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

Are people deaf nowadays? I have a good old system boiler, just a burner and a tank.
The pump is in the attic and there's no fan.
So silent. How do people put up with modern boilers? Whenever I'm in someone's house with a modern boiler,
I always notice the ****ing racket it's making, as loud as a washing machine.

The Viessmann we have is virtually silent when starting and running.

Yup. But then I often wonder why so many have their boiler in the kitchen
- perhaps the most used room in the house. And often where space is at a
premium.

In our case, because our kitchen is small and therefore only for cooking
and washing, not eating or sitting, so noise is unimportant;
electricity, gas and water are all already present; it is a wall mounted
boiler, high on the wall, so takes no useful space up; in any other room
it would look stupid.

Mine was apparently in the bedroom until the previous owner moved it into the kitchen. How anyone slept with that running I don't know.

--
Sex is one of the most wholesome, beautiful and natural experiences that money can buy.