Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default Modern boilers are noisy

If it was on Paulstradyne mounts it shouldn't vibrate to your house.

On Sun, 13 May 2018 07:52:30 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Yes indeed, Not only that but for years, my next door neighbour had a CH
system which was almost silent. A couple of years ago they had a new one
fitted, but in my downstairs sitting room the pump can be heard through some
kind of structure borne vibration. I know she has had the m fix this several
times but eventually it starts again. Sounds like a grinding noise through
the wall. In her house you can hear a low hum but when it fires up it sounds
a bit like Cape Canaveral, and she was told this is normal. I am beginning
to wonder if they just never test for anything like this, sure it works
well, but really inside a house joined to others its a bit rich when you
consider what these installations cost. The pump apparently is mounted on
rubber type grommets, but it shifts, and of course it has hard pipes
attached so its hard to completely isolate it. I begs the question, why did
the old one run so quietly?
Brian

--
I had amnesia once -- or twice.