Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SDS+ & SDS max

On Sunday, 13 May 2018 01:13:36 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:
What is the difference between these two types of drill? I have always bought SDS+ for my ELU machine and was always under the impression that there was a difference in the tool holders and the drills were not interchangeable. However having mistakenly picked up an SDS max drill bit and thinking I may have to return it, I compared it to all my other bits and then noticed there was no difference. Went on to use it and it performed as normal.

Richard

+ & max are different size fittings, one does not fit the other. So something in that story isn't right.

NT