Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
sirstv sirstv is offline

Default Window A/C unit - drill holes in water pan ?

replying to HeatMan, sirstv wrote:
Ok I have this type of unit and its pitched back but when I have it on
energy saver I throws a lot of water out where the air blows out and also runs
down the front where the filter is. Ive put two large towels down on the
carpet but why should I need to do this? As usual the freakin power outlet is
directly below it. It has no drain holes on the bottom or the side and this is
Colorado where we dont get high humidty. Heck were in a fire danger
since winter. If I turn it on and just let it run 24-7 its better but I
guess so much for the energy saver part so I dont have to keep it on that
much. Why Is it the fan is forcing up water through the styrofoam airflow area
and why so much?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...an-521719-.htm