Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default gasoline for lawnmower

On 5/12/18 12:39 PM, Frank wrote:
On 5/12/2018 10:57 AM, wrote:

replying toÂ*Â* a 2009 postÂ* from salty, SteveÂ* wroteÂ* inÂ* 2018 :
I used hi test gas in my new toro mower and its hard to start. When
it did
start it sputtered like crazy. Then it wouldnt start. What should I do?

Â* Check the oil ?Â* Check the spark plug ?
Check the fuel shut-off valve ?Â* Check the air filter ?
.. check that it's not an electric mower !Â*Â* :-)
Â*Â*Â*Â* John T.

There is compression ratio difference between cars and that would make
me wonder.Â* Cars require higher octane.

Check what the manufacturer says to use and use it.

Surprisingly, Echo calls for mid-grade in their hand-held leaf blowers.
Can't for the life of me figure how a puny little two stroke engine like
that causes pre-ignition on regular gas.

--
The fastest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.