Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default OT Jury service. At 75? Are they serious? Again.

Bob Minchin wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Another Dave wrote:
Some of you may remember that last September, at the age of 75, I
was summoned for jury service for the first time in my life. Since
I can't stay awake after 1:00 without having a sleep. I wrote to
them, with supporting evidence, that I was 75 and diabetic. I got
off. Now I have been "randomly selected" again for jury service. I'm
aware the random numbers can, in the short term, exhibit peculiar
effects but I'm still cynical.

I'll just repeat the process that worked last time. Roll on 76.

Another Dave

I did read somewhere that if you just ignore the letter they will
find somebody else.
Is this true?

The letter are not sent via tracked mail so you can always claim it
was never delivered but be aware that more and more post is being
tracked to your door by GPS equipped posties and barcodes on the item.
Just because you did not have to sign for it does not mean it was not
a tracked delivery.

Okay and thanks.
If I do get the letter and reply saying that I take a dim view of certain
religions and possibly immigrants and would not be impartial would I be
excused?
Not that I do of course ....

As for the postie.
A lady postie hammered on my front door a week or so ago with a small parcel
which was not for me. My address, wrong person. I told her this and she went
away. 30 mins later she sneaked back and rammed the parcel through my letter
box. So much for tracking.
As it happens the phone number of the correct address was on the label of
the parcel. I rang her and took it round.