Java Man (Espressopithecus)

Default Bosch dishwashers

In article ,
says...
We have had a Bosch for the past 8 years. We have not had any problems with
it. So as far as service customer service, I can't answer that question.

Suprisingly enough, one of the biggest problems I have with it, is that it
is so darn quiet. There have been a couple of times, when I open the door to
put in a dirty glass, only to have water and steam spew out at me because it
was running! Really! Maybe a big flashing red light or something...

As far as the food particle basket, in 8 years, we may have had to empty it
once or twice, but on a whole, it stays clean. Now we do a brief rinse of
the plates before we put them in the dishwasher, nothing major, just to
knock off the big chunks.

Note that the Bosch service people told us NOT to rinse the dishes
before loading, but only SCRAPE with a spatula. They claim that
leaving food residue on the dishes helps because without something
else to work on, the detergent will attack the finish on dishes.
They claim scraping rather than rinsing prolongs the life of glasses
and china.

I haven't been doing it long enough to know whether this is true.

Rick