Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell[_2_] Nick Odell[_2_] is offline

Default OT Jury service. At 75? Are they serious? Again.

On 12/05/18 16:04, Brian Gaff wrote:
It just shows how much they actually check. Looking at previous selections
and the outcomes would have saved all involved a lot of work.
I bet if I'm invited again I'll have to go through the blind thing, which
means i can be exempted unless I'm feeling particularly cranky, in which
case I want it all in an accessible format, ie described for me and read to
me if written stuff is involved. that should mean they will be busy for
months.
grin.

And since one of the reasons for the trial to (usually) take place and
with the defendant and the witnesses all on public view is that the
subtle nuances and expressions on faces form part of the experience,
will you ask for the courtroom scene to be audio-described?

Nick