Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Jury service. At 75? Are they serious? Again.

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:

After explaining this got a letter back saying I was exempt for life. ;-)

I've not done a single one. I got called to the Old Bailey once, but
they cancelled at the last minute, just after I'd done all the employer
paperwork. I have my suspicions about that one...

Assuming it's not going to cost you lost income, and in my case it didn't,
I quite enjoyed the experience. But wasn't on any 'nasty' cases. And as
regards being sent home after not being needed that day, just did a bit of
sightseeing. Since they were all some way from home.

The first case I was on was two young lads accused of nicking old UK
motorbikes and stripping them for spares to sell on. I asked quite a few
questions. ;-) After being found guilty, one did a runner from the court.

--
*Save the whale - I'll have it for my supper*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.