Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Gutter Straps over shingles?

On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 10:14:07 AM UTC-4, elvis10 wrote:
I had my gutters replaced and they attached them to the roof with metal straps
over the shingles which does not look good. My question is, was this done
correctly and is this a common practice? I have never seen this before.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/ej

It's a common practice among shysters that don't know what they are doing
or do know, but don't care because it's fast and they won't be there
when the roof leaks and rots.

Were there no fascia boards along the front? That is where they should
have been screwed into, using a long screw that goes straight back, from
the front lip of the gutter to the back and into the fascia wood. Was
this a real seamless gutter company? Hard to imagine one doing it that
way.