Newby

Default Sheetrock Crack

"AJScott" wrote in message
Second question(s):

1. Is the crack at a seam where two sheets meet or, say, running across
the middle of a single sheet?

I'm not sure I will have a close look today and see if I can tell.

2. Do you live anywhere in the vicinity of an operating rock quarry or
any other major, ongoing infrastructure project that involves blasting?
(I'm not being a smart-ass here, either.)

No.

3. How reliable, if known, were the guys who installed the ceiling in
the first place?

Don't know. The house is 47 years old.

4. Is the sheetrock screwed into sound, original ceiling (especially if
yours is an older home with plaster walls and ceilings), or was this a
job that covered any myriad of past sins -- like a bowed plaster ceiling
or a really crap-job suspended ceiling?

The sheetrock is the original ceiling.

5. If you were around when the work was done originally, was the drywall
half-inch or five-eights thick?

Don't know.

AJS

In article . net,
"Art Begun" wrote:

First question.... how old is the house?

"Newby" wrote in message
The sheetrock in the ceiling over my dining room has developed a

crack. The
crak has begun 'running' across the ceiling. Would appreciate

suggestions
as to how to stop the crack from running further (drill a small

'stop' hole
maybe) and to effect a repair .

thanks for any helpful suggestions.