AJScott

Default 1st Home

Congratulations on your new home and may you and yours see many happy
years ahead of you. If you're anything like the rest of us around here,
you're not a homeowner, but rather, a home-moaner.

If I recall right, all major appliances carry a big huge yellow-sticker
thingamajig that shows how much energy they're likely to suck up, and as
far as effiency matters, it all basically comes down to how much money
your appliances are going to suck out of your wallet year after year.
That's a pretty decent general-thumbnail guide as far as efficiency
goes, methinks. But then again, you could just revert to beating your
clothes on a rock alongside the nearest river or creek and churning your
own butter.

Other than that, you can just annoy the living **** out of any
major-appliance salesman anywhere you go by buying and absorbing the
past 5 years' worth of back-issues of Consumer Reports.

AJS

In article
,
"Michael J. Anderson" wrote:

Our first home!!! :-)

My wife and I will be moving into our first home in early February. I
want to make the home a very economically functioning unit. We need a
new refrigerator and dish washer ASAP and I was wondering what does one
look for as far as operational efficiency?

Thank you,
Michael