B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default 1st Home

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:16:09 -0800, "Michael J. Anderson"
wrote:

Our first home!!! :-)

My wife and I will be moving into our first home in early February. I
want to make the home a very economically functioning unit. We need a
new refrigerator and dish washer ASAP and I was wondering what does one
look for as far as operational efficiency?

#1 - Energy Star rated

#2 - All appliances have a yellow sticker showing the average energy
consumption for this type of device, and where this particular
appliance compares to like devices. The yearly cost for energy at a
given energy cost is also shown.

Read the yellow label.

Barry