Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Curtain rail fixing

GB Wrote in message:
On 11/05/2018 22:10, Jim K wrote:
GB Wrote in message:
On 11/05/2018 19:32, Jim K wrote:
GB Wrote in message:
On 11/05/2018 19:16, Jim K wrote:
GB Wrote in message:
On 11/05/2018 18:23, Jim K wrote:
Mark Wrote in message:
I have a bedroom curtain rail that is affixed with solid wall fixings.
The wall is solid plaster but the fixings are pulling out and the rail
looks about to fall down.

I have been sucessful with this method in other rooms.

Anyway can someone tell me the easiest way to sort this out?

TIA.

Deeper holes, multiple plugs, longer screws.

Bit of wood, fix it, paint it, attach curtain rail, job done.

He said easiest not longest ;-)

True, but I expect he doesn't want it to come down again.

Depends how he "fixes" your bit of wood to the flaky wall.. which
you didn't go into I note ... ;-)

Ah, you got me there! I was thinking the bit of wood would be big enough
that it would stretch over into a non-flaky part of the wall or would
have loads of fixings that would hold it on a flaky wall. But I didn't
specify that up-front, so you win! Applause! Well done!

Oh pretty trivial really ;-)

Is it okay if I stop posting to this thread? Or do I have to agree with
you first?

Did you forget your bat?
--
Jim K