Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Another tip of the day.

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
whisky-dave presented the following explanation :
Other than childhood curiosity I'm not sure.

If it was obviuos perhaps you'd like to say why the child was asking ?

Kids can ask some really embarrassing questions, when they first meet an
unusual situation. When I was around six or seven, travelling on a bus
with just my mother, sat opposite us was a black man, the first I had ever
seen. I said something like 'mam that man's face is black'. I remember my
mother was very embarrassed and apologised to the man. I remember saying
something similar, when I first saw a pregnant woman, commenting on how
fat she was.

Weird, I can't remember anything that young. The only
one I can remember was asking what used to be called
my maiden aunt, why she drank tea in the hottest weather.

And getting ****ed off when the school teacher said that
I couldn't say 'jumped on the train' in one of my first storys.