Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Broken cold inlet pipe from hot water tank bottom ... Is it mendable ? How ?

Are you sure you want a flood?

From what I've heard so far, this tank is going to heat and cool. Not a good
idea I'd suggest. is the input from a tank in the loft or from mains. If its
low pressure you could keep an eye on it and replace the tank after the
visitation, but if you are unlucky I'd think it might be a bit of a mess.
Obviously I cannot see the picture myself, but if you are saying that the
screw in option mentioned earlier is not possible and its broken very close
then a new tank is surely the best plan. I had a leaky tank some while back
and although it could have had the seam soldered, it was not what was
advised so a new tank went in.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"George Miles" wrote in message
I have found some old water pipe which just fits inside the broken pipe,
what if I cut off 6 inches off it, smear it with araldite, and hammer it
in?

Or PTFE tape? (its not threaded)

Or Fernox Jointing compound which I have a small tin of?

george

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 8:04:41 PM UTC+1, George Miles wrote:
Broken cold inlet pipe from hot water tank bottom ...

Photo at:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6809881&type=3

I did have two spanners when undoing the pipe but i must have done it
wrong...

Is it mendable ? How ?

If the fitting is brass and the tank copper how are they joined?

Got visitors coming on Saturday...

george