Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Pixelation in tv reception

Per Andy:
I use an HD antenna for my tv.

Even when the antenna signal is showing good to excellent, I still get irritating "pixelation" in the picture.

My first antenna was "HD" (Channel Master 4228), then I got the pixellation
issues (in this case I think it was a neighbor's tree having grown into the
signal path) and, coincidentally learned that "HD" means nothing in the
context of OTA antennas.

I left the "HD" in place - strapped to the chimney:
http://tinyurl.com/y9gff2se
http://tinyurl.com/ydhzec2n

But supplemented the "HD" with one of these Bad Boyz:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16882172014
mounted on my garden shed and aimed at the antenna farm that
supplies virtually all of our local TV channels:
http://tinyurl.com/ydb7aoyy
http://tinyurl.com/y7wzeemo

The Windgard is *Huge*, but does the job.

Per https://www.antennasdirect.com/transmitter-locator.html, that
antenna farm is less than 35 miles away - looks like about 15...

Now my TV's "Antenna" input is still connected to the old "HD"
Channel Master, but my Tivo-On-Steroids PC application that is connected to
SiliconDust digital tuners gets all it's input from the monster Winegard
HD7084 and life has been good.
--
Pete Cresswell