Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another tip of the day.

On Friday, 11 May 2018 13:54:58 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 11/05/2018 12:01, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
whisky-dave presented the following explanation :
Other than childhood curiosity I'm not sure.

If it was obviuos perhaps you'd like to say why the child was asking ?

Kids can ask some really embarrassing questions, when they first meet an
unusual situation. When I was around six or seven, travelling on a bus
with just my mother, sat opposite us was a black man, the first I had
ever seen. I said something like 'mam that man's face is black'. I
remember my mother was very embarrassed and apologised to the man. I
remember saying something similar, when I first saw a pregnant woman,
commenting on how fat she was.

"Has that woman had too many pork pies?"

Yes she's been porked.

"She's had too much of something!"

Although to be honest she could have had IVF, or a turkey baster as some might assume if the women is a lesbian.

--
Max Demian